Skip to main content

Wine and Chocolate

Christmas has came and gone but with the new year there's always a time for celebration.  A celebration with someone you love.  What a perfect way to enjoy a bottle of wine and your favorite kind of chocolate on Valentine's Day .

These are some new wine bottle creations I made myself for some of my past clients and colleagues this past year in real estate for Christmas.  They were really easy to make. And can even be made for children's drinks as well using sparkling cider and fun sprinkles.

Here's what you're going to need:
Ribbon for the top to pull chocolate off with.

A bottle of white or red wine.  Or sparkling cider/grape juice for the non-alcoholic drinkers.  You could probably even use a bottle of  Baileys and have chocolate and coffee!

Tape string from top to bottom then wrap the Glad Press and Seal around from the stem.

It was a learning experience so, it was hard melting the chocolate, taking pictures, and covering the bottles all at once.  Use baker's chocolate and melt over stove with warm water and additional pot.  You an also use almond bard as well.  Once the chocolate has been melted, I found that spreading the chocolate on with a cake frosting knife worked the best in my non-commercial kitchen.  If you choose to put  on sprinkles, nuts, and/or any other topping I suggest you have two people helping and you do it quickly or the chocolate will harden faster than you can get it on.


Here's an example of the chocolate shavings from the wine bottle once you pull the string to release.  So get out your wine glasses and enjoy!
Finished products!  Some with peppermint, some with m&m's, some with nuts, and some with sprinkles.  Use your imagination and have fun!


Until then,

Stay New




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Courageous

Wow, has it really been since January?  I thought when I started this blog I would be writing things daily or at least weekly.  I really need to start doing this more often instead of just photographing my journey though Instagram.   Since January, my family has sold our custom built home, remodeled a new one, swam in our new pool, celebrated three more birthdays, and started some new things.  I even won "Rookie of the Year" and received the Bronze Award, established more relationships with new clients, and sold more homes!  I can't believe I didn't blog about any of it!!  Maybe today this is God's way to ask me to write out my prayers?  OR maybe it's just bringing my old self to life?  Either way, here goes... Today it's 80 something degrees, windy, and humid!  However, it's supposed to drop in the 60s and my son is supposed to play in one of his last football games far away from home in Guymon, Oklahoma.  Last because he's a senior and this w

Fear Not

Recently this past year on a hot Summer day there was something that was tugging at my heart.  My hair was a mess, my mind was scattered, and all I could think about before leaving my garage was fear.  I was on my way to prepare and then go to a listing appointment.  I am the type of person who lacks a little self confidence but, remembering this day was very vivid to me in the sense that I knew exactly what I was doing.  I'd been in real estate for a while and was ready to conquer the world.  There must have been a miracle the Lord was working that day because there was no way I thought I could do a live video of myself while thinking of something so small...FEAR!  Taking my first step and diving into something where I may feel embarrassed or may have to take some criticism was very scary to me.  However, praise Jesus I did it!  Here's just a short video of what fear looked like to me on that hot Summer day: 'Til then, Go, Go, Go