Skip to main content

Senior Night

Let's face it, having a teenager is hard!  When I think back at the toddler years, there's nothing that I wouldn't take back.  The moment school started this year was the moment I knew this year would be tough.  Tougher than the tantrums in Wal-Mart.  Tougher than cleaning up puke off the floor or poop head to toe.  Tougher than sleepless crying baby nights.  My baby boy will be out of the house in approximately 6 months and there's nothing this mamma can do to stop it!  It's not only an empty feeling but, an emotional feeling of excitement because I know he will stride in whatever he does.

Last week was one of my son's final countdowns.  Final because this will be one of the times where he will no longer play on the football field with his high school teammates. Final because it's closer to him being gone.  For as emotional as I thought I'd be, I actually enjoyed putting together some of the things for his Senior Night.  Probably because I am way proud of him and proud to call him my son.  I wanted to be sure there was a way I could brag on him.  This was a time I got to showcase my love for him and what it was like being his mom!  Every year his school does a special recognition to honor all the seniors by having their family put together their boards.  I also wanted him to know that he had our full support not only on the field but, off the field as well.  By doing so, I set up a few things for encouragement .  All these things kept me busy for sure for the past couple of months.  So busy in fact that I have forgotten all the rotten thoughts of him of leaving. 

They were the little enjoyable moments that I will remember most.  
I had no idea what I want to use or how I wanted to showcase him, so I just went and bought a bunch of random stuff.
This was a trial of what I thought I wanted it to look like.   I had no idea that it would take me an additional three and half hours to glue it all down.
Here is where my OCD took place but, it was all worth it!  With stickers, paint, glue, and hobby lobby I was able to reach my goal of making his board stand out among the rest.


I decorated our dining room table with pictures, memorabilia, a fun pale with candy, and small football that I had the family sign.  The blanket I had monogrammed with his name, year, football #, and bible verse.  All done by:  3 Little Monkeys Monogramming




With him becoming a man and this was possibly his biggest game of the year, I wanted to give him something special he could use for years to come. 





Left with words of encouragement on his mirror in his bedroom.

SENIOR NIGHT was success!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wine and Chocolate

Christmas has came and gone but with the new year there's always a time for celebration.  A celebration with someone you love.  What a perfect way to enjoy a bottle of wine and your favorite kind of chocolate on Valentine's Day . These are some new wine bottle creations I made myself for some of my past clients and colleagues this past year in real estate for Christmas.  They were really easy to make. And can even be made for children's drinks as well using sparkling cider and fun sprinkles. Here's what you're going to need: Ribbon for the top to pull chocolate off with. A bottle of white or red wine.  Or sparkling cider/grape juice for the non-alcoholic drinkers.  You could probably even use a bottle of  Baileys and have chocolate and coffee! Tape string from top to bottom then wrap the Glad Press and Seal around from the stem. It was a learning experience so, it was hard melting the chocolate, taking pictures, and covering the bottles all at

Courageous

Wow, has it really been since January?  I thought when I started this blog I would be writing things daily or at least weekly.  I really need to start doing this more often instead of just photographing my journey though Instagram.   Since January, my family has sold our custom built home, remodeled a new one, swam in our new pool, celebrated three more birthdays, and started some new things.  I even won "Rookie of the Year" and received the Bronze Award, established more relationships with new clients, and sold more homes!  I can't believe I didn't blog about any of it!!  Maybe today this is God's way to ask me to write out my prayers?  OR maybe it's just bringing my old self to life?  Either way, here goes... Today it's 80 something degrees, windy, and humid!  However, it's supposed to drop in the 60s and my son is supposed to play in one of his last football games far away from home in Guymon, Oklahoma.  Last because he's a senior and this w

New and Fresh

It's been two years since I've put fingers to the keyboard and wrote about anything remotely OCD.  As most of my followers know, I used to be a middle class citizen who took saving money, reusing, and thrifting (is that even a word?) to a hobby level.  I even used to write a blog about some of my ventures.  This was something I enjoyed doing but blogspot.com is now blogger.com so I'm confused on how to keep my "Are you OCD" blogspot going since I've somehow lost my memory.  I guess the older you get, the more you have to put your pencil to a piece of paper and write everything down. Yes, it's true friends.  You really do start forgetting things! So, I'm on a quest to get this one running and keep it going with a bang!  In the meantime, look at some of my previous posts from years ago and watch how my mind changes from then to now.  Because, I'm well you know...OCD!  Enjoy. "Are you OCD?"  or  "Are you OCD?" 'Til then,